Alisa Besher (born October 3, 1985) was a former ZOOMer from the show in seasons 1 and 2 of the revived version of ZOOM.
- During her auditions she said if she spoke to someone she didn't know, they would.
- One day while at recess, some kid yelled out "The Russians are coming!" and Alisa thought that she might not have known that she was a Russian.
I'm funny, outgoing, crazy and a little disorganized. I think other ZOOMers would say I'm creative and silly. When I'm not on the ZOOM set, I enjoy school and hanging out with friends. During the summer, I'm a Counselor in Training at a local camp where I get to work with lots of kids.
The silliest thing I've ever done on ZOOM is dress up in crazy outfits for the plays! Zmail is my favorite part of this site. I check it out every week! The Butterfly Cake and Homemade Ice Cream are the most delicious ZOOM treats, and my favorite ZOOMsci is the Rube Goldberg Invention. The best things about working on ZOOM have been going to the Emmy's and just relaxing in the ZOOM room during taping.
I do think that being a ZOOMer has changed me. I'm better around crowds of younger kids, and the experience really helps me at camp. And I've met so many new people! I don't think that people really treat me differently, at least my friends don't. But I guess more people know who I am now. I think in twenty years I'll look back on my ZOOM experience and think, "Those were some of the best times of my life!"
And to all of the ZOOMers out there: Thanks SO much for watching! It's a great experience.
In March 2003, she was a junior at NHS.
- Raspberries are my culinary fave.
- I love to wakeboard in the summer.
- I use Ubbi Dubbi Toothpaste.
Outfits that she wore on ZOOM
Alisa wore a navy blue hooded sweater jacket over a light green t-shirt with 3 different stripes colored light blue, white, dark green, and navy blue.
Alisa wore a middle sleeved orange shirt with the sleeves being navy blue. On some episodes, she wore the navy blue hooded sweater jacket.
- She was a ZOOMer in seasons 1 and 2.
- Alisa is two months younger than her late former "ZOOM" co-star Jared Nathan. Jared died in a car accident on December 28, 2006.
- Alisa is one month younger than her form "ZOOM" co-star Lynese Browder.
- She made a guest appearance in a special titled "ZOOM: America's Kids Remember".
- At the age of 3, Alisa is from Russia and moved to the United States with her family.
- Alisa's first language was Russian and picked up on the English language when she was 3 or 4. Nobody taught her, she listened in to kids who spoke English and now she is a pro.
- Alisa attended NYU with her former co-star Zoe Costello.
- She has one brother that is six years older than her.
- Alisa uses Ubbi Dubbi Toothpaste in Season 1.
- Alisa left "ZOOM" after Season 2 ended. She retired from acting after leaving "ZOOM".
- Alisa reprised her role in the YouTube series "ZOOM Into Action".
- After graduating from NYU Alisa returned to school to study American Sign Language. She received her degree during the Covid-19 pandemic. Alisa works at Center for the Humanities at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York as the program manager.